Urban Decay New Launches Autumn 2016

16:36 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello!

It's been WAY too long since I posted... In fact, I think it's well over 2 months now! Things have been a little manic here with the summer holidays etc, so apologise for being so slack. I promise I'll be posting a lot more regularly again now that the kids are all back at school!

Anyway, this blog post is going to be about some of the new launches from Urban Decay. I know I've included a couple of things that aren't new, but these are new to me and things I would highly recommend, so I thought I'd include them too!


Urban Decay have launched a couple of new palettes recently. The XX Vice Reloaded palette, which was launched to celebrate UD's 20th anniversary. It contains some of the most popular shades in their collection, as well as a few throwbacks such as Gash, Acid Rain and UV-B. There are 20 shades in this gorgeous palette and a good mix of colours and finishes too so something for everyone! Midnight Cowboy and Twice Baked are two of my favourite shimmer and glitter shades in this palette. I can see myself using those a lot over Autumn and into Winter!


The actual case of the palette is brilliant too! It has a really high quality feel to it and the lid is spring loaded, which is something I haven't seen on a palette in a while. It also includes a double ended brush, making this perfect to take with you if you're travelling etc.




Here are the descriptions of each shade, taken from the UD website -


Suspend (greige-brown matte), Oil Slick (black matte w/silver micro-glitter), Roadstripe (iridescent white w/blue-violet shift), Gash (metallic brick red), Midnight Cowboy (pink champagne shimmer w/ silver glitter), 501 (deep metallic blue w/copper micro-glitter), Shallow (pale taupe-silver satin), Laced (pinky-taupe matte), Hot Pants (pearly medium pink), Mildew (deep metallic green shimmer), Smog (deep coppery bronze shimmer), Misdemeanor (deep olive green matte w/green micro-shimmer), Freakshow (bright purple satin), Asphyxia (hyacinth shimmer w/blue shift), Acid Rain (pale yellow-green shimmer w/green shift), Moonflower (metallic rose-gold w/gold micro-shimmer), UV-B (bright blue w/violet shift), Goldmine (bright metallic gold), Twice Baked (rich brown satin w/gold micro-glitter) and Anonymous (pale peachy cream matte).







If you're after a new palette, this is definitely one to have a look into!


The next palette that they've recently launched is the Moondust palette. This is such a gorgeous palette! All 8 shades are super pigmented and SUPER glittery! They're amazing shadows to use to add a pop of sparkle to the center of your lid, or even if you want to go full on, all out glitter! Although these are designed for minimal fallout, you do still get some which is expected with this. UD themselves recommend applying using your fingers. This will increase the amount of pigment applied and will also create less fallout. The shadows aren't scratchy or chalky. They've quite smooth and fairly easy to blend which is pretty hard to come by with such glittery shadows! I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this, especially over the festive period! I wouldn't say it's an everyday palette (although I know plenty of people who wear glitter on a daily basis!) but it's definitely very versatile. You can wet each shadow for a more intense colour, or use dry and with a brush for a nice, light coverage.




Here are the descriptions from the UD website - 


Specter (soft pink w/tonal sparkle), Element (peach w/pink shift and sparkle), Magnetic (purple w/blue sparkle), Lightyear (vibrant green w/tonal sparkle), Granite (black w/multicolored sparkle), Lithium (brown w/iridescent 3-D sparkle), Vega (bright blue w/tonal sparkle), and Galaxy (smoky blue-gray w/iridescent 3-D sparkle).








Probably the most talked about new launch is the All Nighter Liquid Foundation. If you're after a full coverage foundation that's going to last, this is the one for you! I personally only have good things to say about this foundation. It has amazing coverage and it really does last all night! I've seen mixed reviews from people with quite oily skin saying that it can gather around the sides of the nose etc. I haven't had this issue myself and I do have combination/oily skin. I do use a good mattifying primer underneath though and set with powder too, so I think this probably helps. When I first applied this, I panicked that it was far too light for me! Within a couple of minutes though it hadf oxidised and gone darker and was the perfect shade. It applies evenly and smoothly (I've used both a beauty blender and a brush to apply and both work well) and it has a matte finish to it. It also doesn't feel too heavy which is a bonus. I went for shade 3.25 and I wear MAC NW15 usually.





The last products from the newest launches are the Razor Sharp Eyeliners. These are waterproof eyeliners and come in a great selection of colours with a choice of matte or glitter shades. The ones I bought were Kush, Retrograde and Zodiac. Kush is a gorgeous shimmery bright green colour, Retrograde is a sparkly dark purple and Zodiac is dark sparkly green. I've used these a few times, and they really are waterproof! In fact, they don't come off really easily when you remove your makeup either! I use an oilbased remover (Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water) and even that takes a bit of rubbing to shift these! Kush is definitely my favourite of the three and I have a fairly big list of other shades I want to buy too!






The last couple of products aren't new launches, but I've only recently purchased them and feel like they need a mention! My go to product at the moment is the Naked Concealer. This really is my holy grail concealer! I've tried so many different ones and this is one I will definitely be sticking with! Perfect for the undereye area. It's creamy and thick enough that it cover those dark circles perfectly. It doesn't sit in the lines under or around your eyes, and is really easy to build coverage too without looking cakey.

Another product I've purchased recently is the Naked Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder. I've been looking for a good finishing powder for a while and this ticks all the boxes! It's beautifully lighweight and silky and blurs all your imperfections. It isn't cakey or chalky at all and it's not completely matte so gives your skin a gorgeous photo perfect finish.


I also decided to treat myself to one of the Vice Lipsticks. The shade is Backtalk and its a lovely matte mauve pink shade. Perfect for this time of year!






The last thing I purchased was the All Nighter Setting Spray. I decided to try the travel size version as I have a few setting sprays already and wanted to give this one a go first. So far I've got no complaints and it seems to do what it says it does! Just spritz it over your face when your makeup is all done and off you go!

I hope these reviews have been of help to people! If there's one thing you choose from the newest launches, I would definitely recommend the Vice Palette out of everything. There's just so much choice in there, you can't go wrong!

Fingers crossed, I'll be back again in a few days with another blog post for you all! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date on all my posts!

Much Love

Frances x

0 comments: