The Ordinary Skincare Range - Review

11:08 Unknown 0 Comments

A few weeks ago I decided to give some new skincare products a go. I'd heard lots of people rave about The Ordinary's skincare range and as they're all such reasonable prices (from £3.90 up to £12.70) I thought I may as well give it a try!

I was always naturally blessed with fairly good skin. I get the occasional spot and in the autumn/winter months I get some dry patches when the weather is changing. More recently though, my skin has been declining rapidly. I'm not sure if it's the sleepless nights from 4 kids, or quite possibly my poor diet at the moment... Or more likely I'm now into my 30's and my skin is aging along with me! Either way, I've been desperately trying anything I can to try and not necessarily reverse, but slow down, the aging process slightly. I've spent ridiculous amounts in the past on various skincare products in the hope of going back to how my skin was in my 20's... Probably my priciest purchase was the Sunday Riley Juno oil, which at £70 a bottle gave me high hopes. Unfortunately, despite it leaving my skin lovely and soft, and the bottle looking pretty, it didn't seem to do much else for my skin.



So, after hearing so much about The Ordinary from various bloggers, facebook groups etc, I headed over to Victoria Health to see what was so amazing about it! There I found a very in depth regimen guide, which was really helpful in deciding which products would be best for my skin and what I hoped to achieve. For general signs of aging, they recommend the Buffet serum, Hyaluronic Acid (with B5) and Advanced Retinoid. The Rosehip Oil was also recommended but I'm yet to purchase this one.

In total, the three products I purchased cost me £26.60. A fraction of the cost of a lot of good serums these days!

I've now been using these on a daily basis for around 3 weeks and I can honestly say that my skin has never looked better! It's smooth (I have a tendency to get bumps around my chin at this time of year), my forehead lines have quite visibly decreased, my skin is much less dry than usual at this time of the year, and despite having a small cluster of spots on my chin before I first started using these, within a couple of days they had disappeared completely!

From what I have read, the main product that is helping with the signs of aging is the Retinoid, which I have been applying every evening. The Hyaluronic Acid also helps to hydrate the skin, which again will help with decreasing any age lines etc.

The Buffet serum applies like a dream, and unlike lots of serums, it isn't in the slightest bit greasy, and you can then apply your normal moisturiser on top with no issues and the same goes for applying makeup after using these products. I've not noticed it affecting my makeup application or staying power at all.

None of the products contain any nasties such as Parabens, Sulphates, Formaldehyde etc... They also do not test on animals and refuse to sell in countries that do insist on animal testing which is a big bonus.

I can't find a single bad thing to see about these amazing products! If you're on the look out for a new skincare routine, this is well worth having a look into. I promise, you will be just as amazed as I am! I'm itching to get my hands on some more of their products to try, so keep your eyes peeled for more reviews coming very soon!

Much Love

Frances

0 comments: